Manistee and Cadillac Area Lodging and Attractions
Here is a list of Cadillac, Wellston, Manistee & Ludington area attractions of interest to guests visiting PRPC and the Manistee National Forest. Below you will find and links and information on area lodging, hiking and biking opportunities, golf resorts, campgrounds, beaches, and other fun things to do in the area. If you would like to add something to this list, contact email@example.com
- Pine River Vacation Rental
- This is a gorgeous vacation rental on the bank of the Pine River near Walker Bridge. Great rates and an unbelievable view of the river right in the living room.
- Rockwell Lake Lodge - Luther
- This beautiful 16,000 sq. ft. conference and retreat facility opened in 2008, offering ten custom-furnished guest suites, a great room, conference room and dining room, at Hillsdale Colleges G. H. Gordon Biological Station.
- Coyote Crossing
- Ten newer finely-crafted, deluxe cabins. Each has two bedrooms with a full bath, living room, fully equipped kitchen, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi access and individual patio. With two bedrooms and a pull-out sofa, all cabins can sleep up to six people comfortably.
- Waters Edge Lodging and Resort
- Waters Edge Lodging & Resort is nestled in the National Forest between Ludington & Manistee with 550 feet of water frontage on peaceful, Maple Lake
- Northwoods Cabins
- Located in Wellston, Northwoods Cabins are light housekeeping cabins with kitchenettes, bathroom with shower, bedding and cookware included.
- Wolf Lake Motel & Resort
- The Wolf Lake Motel & Resort & ATV Rentals in Michigan, is a newly remodeled resort on beautiful Wolf Lake, in Lake County, Northern Michigan, where customer satisfaction is our goal. We are located 7 miles north of Baldwin Michigan on M-37. Situated in the heart of the Manistee National Forest in Lake County.
- Edgetts Lodge
- The Lodge is a magnificent 5100 sq. ft. hand hewn rustic log home, built from huge red pines taken right from the property. The Lodge sits high on a riverbank with a fantastic view overlooking the Pine River
Cadillac - Manistee - Ludington - Visitor Bureaus
- Cadillac Michigan Visitors Bureau
- Need more information about resources in Cadillac? This is the place.
- Manistee County Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- Lots of information about things to do and places to go in Manistee County.
- Ludington Michigan Visitors Bureau
- Ludington Michigan resources and travel guides
Golf / Ski Resorts
- McGuire's Resort & Golf Courses
- McGuire's Resort is a full-service, four season recreation resort with guest rooms, restaurants, conference space and golf courses, rests high on a hill, one mile south of Cadillac, Michigan.
- Caberfae Peaks Ski & Golf Resort
- From the moment you arrive, the management and staff at Caberfae Peaks will make every effort to make your stay a fun-filled and enjoyable one. We want you to relax, ski, snowboard, or golf, and come back for many years to come.
In addition to our Pine River Paddlesports (PRPC) Quiet Campground, here is a list of area campgrounds we recommend.
- Kestelwoods Campground
- Kestelwoods is an extremely clean and well run campground located just one mile south of PRPC. Heated swimming pool, electric hook-ups and water at every site, restaurant, and picnic supplies and tee-shirt store on site.
- Coolwater Campground
- Campground is located 2 miles south of M-55, and 2 miles east of M-37
- Twin Oaks Campground
- Twin Oaks Campground & Cabins is located halfway between Cadillac and Manistee. Four miles to the east of Wellston, turn north on Moss Road off of Highway 55, 4 miles to the west of Highway 37.
- Lincoln State Forest Campground
- Camping sites available on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations. 9 sites for tent and small trailer use located on the beautiful Pine River and Silver Creek. Good opportunities for canoing and fishing. Pathway access for hiking and mountain biking. Rustic campground includes vault toilets and potable water from well hand pump.
- Silver Creek State Forest Campground
- Camp sites available on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations. 26 sites for tent and small trailer use located on the scenic Pine River. This campground offers opportunity for hiking and mountain biking on its Silver Creek Pathway. Nearby canoe landing provides access to the river. Rustic campground includes vault toilets and potable water from well hand pump.
Water Parks / Mini Golf
- Adventure Island
- Mini golf, water slides, go-carts. On M-115 next to the Day's Inn
- Keith McKellop Walkway
- Walk, jog, run, inline skate, launch your boat, go for a swim or just take a street hike across the wooden bridge over the Clam River
- Lake Cadillac Bike Path
- 7 and ½ miles paved path around Lake Cadillac for running, biking, walking, and inline skating
- Cadillac Pathways
- Five miles NE of Cadillac, 11.3 miles of wooded pathway. Great trail system for hiking and mountain biking. For more information, call Cadillac MDNRE Office, 231-775-9727.
- Johnny's Fish & Game Park
- Open May through September. Pet and feed baby goats, llama, deer, turkeys and more. Call 231-775-3700
- Nordhouse Dunes Wilderness Area
- 12 miles south of Manistee, hiking only allowed in this 3,500 acre reserve. Call 231-723-2211
- Schmidt Outfitters - Fly Fishing
- Schmidt Outfitters in Wellston is a full service fly shop and outfitter with guide services on the Manistee for salmon, steelhead, trout, and bass and trout fishing on the Pine. They have a school and lodging as well. Catch and release fly fishing only.
- Directory of Michigan Paddlecraft Providers
- Michigan Association of Paddlesport Providers The Mitten is blessed with dozens of great paddling rivers. While we’re partial to the magic of the Pine and Manistee, we want you to know there are other gems out there and this website gives you links to rentals that service many of them.