Manistee River Michigan
Canoes, Kayaks, and Paddleboards
Pine River Paddlesports Center has the finest selection of rental paddlecraft in Michigan. Our vast selection of tandem and solo canoes and kayaks, funyaks, sit-on-tops, C-1's, and touring kayaks allow our expert staff to outfit your entire group with paddlecraft appropriate for size and experience level.
More detailed information about our paddlecraft is a available on our Paddlecraft page. It has detailed information on each type of watercraft we rent.
What's Included with a Rental?
Included in these rental fees is the use of Paddlecraft, Type III life vests, paddles, cushions, clipped-in litter bags, US Forest Service Permit and US Forest Service Parking Pass(es).
- At no additional cost, we provide the ($5) USFS required parking passes for each of your vehicles parked at your end-point access site.
- We offer comfortable upgraded life vests we clean after every use.
- Fun, fast, fruitful paddling instruction that turns on the lights for our guests and empowers them to paddle with comfort, confidence, and command.
- We have the largest selection of Paddlecraft available in Michigan, and our Staff (paddle-heads all) will help fit you to craft that is size appropriate and tailored to your experience level.
Kayak / Canoe Rental Rates
An additional $8 per/day fee will be charged if three adults share a canoe. Tandem Kayaks are an additional $9 per/day.
Stand Paddle Boards
Pickup and Placement Fees
This is not a per-boat rate, the fee is shared by the group and is based on which landing you start at (How far and long we drive). For multi-day trips, please inquire about transportation charges as they do differ.
Reservations and Cancellations
Reservations for Paddlecraft and Camping are strongly suggested.
- For trips beginning on a Saturday, the full rental fee must be sent as deposit.
- For trips beginning Sunday through Friday, $10/craft must be sent as deposit.
On Sunday through Friday trips, if a situation arises and you need to cancel some of the craft you've reserved, the deposit for those cancelled will be credited toward the balance due. If the trip is completely cancelled, the deposit will be refunded, less a $20 processing fee. Our policy for cancellation of Saturday reservations is that cancellations are accepted up to 7 days prior to the trip date, however, there is a $15 charge for each craft cancelled. Cancellations received within 7 days of trip will not be refunded if we are rented out and have turned other guests away. If we are not rented out, we employ the policy for cancellations received 7 or more days prior to the trip date.